Despite our best efforts we are forced to acknowledge that in today’s world time is scarce and speed often the order of the moment, so we get what we have right here, which is YLF.
Built the way we want it, which is the way you will have it - rich in Argan oil, Rosewood, Vitamin E, Marine collagen and Kawakawa extract. YLF is a genuine ‘head, shoulders, knees and toes', that delivers a pleasant, slightly medicinal, Sandalwood and Neroli infused hit on the nose. It is a wash for those with too little time and too much to get done.
When we designed YLF we asked ourselves what should the perfect wash actually do, the answer, five things;
1) It should cleanse the skin and if necessary the hair (without harsh chemicals); Coconut, burdock and kawakawa extracts combine with Marine collagen to provide a superb gentle cleanse.
2) It should hydrate the skin; Argan oil and Marine collagen ensure the skins natural moisture is not stripped bare, keeping skin hydrated and soft.
3) It should smell great - Sandalwood & Neroli combine for a light medicinal hit.
4) It should be nutrient rich – Argan oil, Rosewood oil, Vitamin E and Kawakawa leaf extract ensure the skin is treated to a rich array of antioxidants and toners.
5) Finally it should leave you feeling balanced and supreme. Step up our old friend Jojoba, that little Mexican wax ester and the closest thing in nature to our own skin oil, working to keep your skin balanced and conditioned.
YLF actively protects the skin’s natural lipid balance and avoids stripping the skin of its moisture and nutrients, it is free of denatured alcohol and concentrated menthols - Triumph & Disaster does not use these ingredients ever.
Packed full of Vitamin E and Omega 3, 6 and 9, Argan oil from the kernels of Morocco’s Argan tree (Argania Spinosa) is seen as a wonder ingredient for skin and hair with its amazing healing, antioxidant and moisturising properties that combat problem skin and fight free radicals, whilst nourishing and hydrating skin and hair. A genuine all-rounder!
Rosewood oil has significant antibacterial properties, is known to plump the skin, reduce redness, eliminate dryness and improve overall skin clarity. We use it to fight dull, dry and oily skin, and it adds a mellow sweet fragrance to our wash.
Marine Collagen has been widely used in Japan for many years as a natural health supplement, in our wash it acts as a hydrating agent and aids water retention on the skin whilst creating a smooth silky feeling on the surface of the skin.
Kawakawa Leaf Extract
Kawakawa in Māori refers to the bitter taste of the leaves, from kawa meaning bitter. Kawakawa or NZ Pepper Tree was one of the most important plants in Rongoa (medicine), Maori used it externally for cuts, wounds and bruises and also applied it as a treatment for toothache, nettle stings and eczema. All of which leads us to believe that it makes for a great ingredient in a cleansing, calming body wash.
Vitamin E is a fat-soluble vitamin that can be isolated from vegetable oils. Its benefits include strengthening the skin's natural defenses, protecting lipid balance and reducing water loss. Being naturally derived, we use vitamin E to help fight free radical damage, as a natural skin-conditioning agent and as an antioxidant
Aqua (Water), Decyl Glucoside, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Coco-Glucoside, Glyceryl Oleate, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Dehydroacetic Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Oil, Macropiper Excelsum (Kawakawa) Leaf Extract, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzoate, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Potassium Sorbate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Marine Collagen, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Citric Acid, Sclerotium Gum, Sodium Citrate, CI 172000 (Red 33), CI 77499 (Black Oxide), Arctium Lappa (Burdock) Root Extract, Citrus Aurantium (Neroli) Oil.